Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fish Pie!

I thought I should post something a little lighter after last time...
I have bled today, but that's due to stepping on a shard of glass from a lightbulb that shattered (not my fault, honestly.)

So earlier Matt and I were taking a nap, and before we dozed off, I was lying in bed, talking about what I might make for dinner. I was considering doing a meatloaf, but we don't have much in the way of mince, so I was pondering making a fishloaf.
In the end, I pretty much made a fish pie. I didn't have a recipe, so I just made it up as I went along.

I sauteed some green beans, a yellow pepper, a red onion, some mushrooms and a few cloves of garlic, and then put them into a ceramic dish.

I baked three fillets of basic white fish, and defrosted a small bag of mixed seafood (smoked salmon, prawns and mussels) that I had in the freezer. I added this and the flaked fish into the mixture.

I then boiled and mashed some potato, and made a cheese sauce with a couple of teaspoons of sweet smoked paprika mixed in. I mixed the sauce into the fish and veggies, then topped it off with the potato and a bit of grated cheese and pepper. And then I baked it at 180 for 40 minutes.

It tasted awesome.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:36 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Ewwwww that sounds awful! lol
Sorry hun, my taste for seafood doesn't extend much past fish and chips!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home