Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sometimes where I live really saps my cynicism.

It does. Really and truly.
You get these days sometimes when it seems like Edinburgh goes out of its way to be gorgeous at me. I find it difficult to keep up my cynical, devil-may-care attitude on these days.













These tufted ducks were all paired off. Except for one - the dorky, fat little male one at the front of this picture. He's utterly adorable, and we couldn't work out why he wouldn't have a lady-duck-friend. We named him George. I hope he's found someone to love.




Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 6:40 pm, Blogger Shawna said...

*Really, really wants to go to Edinburgh*

Wow, those are great pics! Beautiful place you live in, hon. Someday I will come for a visit! Thanks for sharing. *bighugs*

 
At 10:58 pm, Blogger Acci said...

Perhaps George the Duck has his sights set on that swan. . .

 
At 4:44 pm, Anonymous DavePrime said...

Very pretty!! We have a similar 'lake' nearby and the ducks and geese there are also in a scramble for mates.

Gee, I hope George finds a duckling he likes! (Like the rest of us...)

 
At 11:20 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Oooh, I can't wait to come back!!! Only a year-ish to go! Yay! I'm so excited :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home