Sunday, March 27, 2011

I go tappety tap, and words fall out.

Sorry about the radio silence last week.
I have one of those thoughtful posts percolating around in my brain, but it hasn't quite got to the coherent stage yet, so when I sat down to write something, my mental coffee pot was blocked. It's probably the filter. I don't know, I don't drink coffee. Is it usually the filter? Gosh, this was a poorly chosen metaphor. Anyway, I am still not ready to pour out my bitter-tasting caffeinated thoughts (still a poorly chosen metaphor), so here's some other stuff.

I hung up my Rembrandt print in the corner of the sitting room last week, then decided I need to spruce up my writing desk to go with it. It was pretty dusty, and had random ornaments and junk on the top of it. So I cleared it off, cleaned and polished it, then considered what do next. I thought it needed a light, so I fished out my brass lamp from the spare room Nettie and Christian's room, and then I added my two pairs of antique binoculars, a couple of ornaments I felt went with it (although I'm still playing around with what exactly I want up here - if I can get a stand for it, the antique weights set might look really nice), and a photo of Zeph in a brown leather frame.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get a very good photo of it - it looks a lot nicer in real life - but I like it.


EDIT: Just after I posted this, I suddenly thought of something we own that would go quite nicely here - Matt's Young Mad Scientist Alphabet blocks.


We're hanging pictures again this evening. I have decided to rehang the record covers I framed, as I feel they were looming rather heavily over that area of the hall. I'll swap in some lighter-framed pictures, I think. The hall's not very wide, and the record covers (especially with their thick leather frames) were just too overpowering.

Having got entirely absorbed by the archives of The Steampunk Home, I found this link for making your own rugs from second hand leather belts. Pretty! I might have to have a go at that. It's at times like this I really wish we weren't constrained by this being a rental property.

Check out the print case of treasures that Doktor A has on the wall. This is exactly the sort of thing I've been wanting for years! I really really want an interesting way to display all our little tchotchkes and treasures.

A friend of mine posted a link to a website that is irritatingly addictive. And having read this article, I went to youtube and looked up videos of the comedians.

This one is hilarious (but short) and in NO WAY suitable to watch at work. Also, for any of my hundreds of thousands of readers who are a little shy... it's talking about masturbation. I wouldn't say it's too explicit, but I gather some people might.

The end of this one is the best bit, but I like it all.

I wouldn't bother watching this one - it's just a slideshow of pictures - but I would totally recommend listening to it whilst doing other things on the computer.

Aaaaand, I'm done.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:40 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Oooh your writing desk looks awesome! I love that I know exactly what it is and where it is in your lounge and that I can fully picture it the way it is now :D

 
At 1:14 am, Blogger Acci said...

If those wooden blocks sit there on the writing desk, does that make them writer's blocks?

It's funny how much of a change in the look of a place just adding or taking away a few little bits of whatnot can make. I'm still in the arranging stages of things here, up to and including large items of furniture. But it's starting to look nice. Though I wish I had a proper writing desk. You just can't find those anymore, instead they're all computer desks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home