Saturday, February 12, 2011

How I hurt my shoulder. This time.

Ok, so we're all agreed that 'The Empty Child' is the scariest episode of NuWho, right?
Well, when I say 'all agreed', I mean 'I definitely think this'. It's seriously the scariest thing I've seen on TV as an adult.

So, Matt and I were watching it the other day, and then decided that of course we should watch the concluding part ('The Doctor Dances'), as then everything would be ok.
About halfway through TDD, I got up to make a cup of tea.

Matt was jokingly telling me not to leave him alone where the gas mask zombies could get him, so I thought I would go and fetch the big plastic sword we'd bought at Halloween so he had something to defend himself with if they did happen to show up. Which I did not expect them to.
So I went to dig it out from behind the bookcase in the bedroom (I have no idea why it was in the bedroom - I think it might have been a previous defending-from-monsters incident).

Unbeknownst to me, Matt had come to the door to see what I was up to. And was standing there, half hidden by the door. Silently.

Do you see where I'm going with this?
I turned round and saw someone where I hadn't expected to see someone.
I made a noise. It was sort of a cross between a scream and a battle cry. And I flailed (if you were here, I'd re-enact it, but you're not, so you'll just have to imagine it. If you've ever met me, it's not hard to imagine), and ended up with the sword pointing at Matt's head.
What the hell I was going to do if he were actually a gas mask zombie, I have no idea, seeing as it's a plastic sword.
I'm vaguely proud that my first instinct was not to curl into a ball, but to threaten the supposed monster.
All this took about a second, and then I had to have a nice sit down until my heart stopped hammering.

And then I discovered I'd strained the muscle in my shoulder again. Yay me.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 2:33 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Bahahahahahahahahaha you're such a dag! I've just told Christian your story, complete with what I hope was a fairly good imitation of what your scream/battle cry would have sounded like. He thought it was hilarious.

But he still won't read your blog...

Bastard...

Lol I try and convince him every time you have a new post up but he's just anti-blogs :(

 
At 4:12 am, Blogger Smerk said...

Nettie's right. Only you could hurt your shoulder by flailing madly at your husband because you thought he was a gas mask zombie.

And yes, that is the creepiest NuWho episode ever.

 
At 9:49 pm, Blogger Acci said...

Perhaps you ought to limit your sword use to belly-dancing whilst balancing the sword on your head?

 
At 1:56 am, Anonymous Oppiejoe said...

Creepy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home