Sunday, January 09, 2011

Lasagne Party! Woo!

Yes, I am hanging my head in shame. It has been weeks since my last post, and I have no excuse. I am a penitent woman.

So, without further ado (and emotional self-flagellation), here's a new post!

A week before Christmas, we hosted a small and informal lasagne party.
We had a four-course all-lasagne dinner, and played games on the Wii. It was a very good night, although we were sadly down one guest. Still, that means we can do it again so that she can join in!

Starter:
Pesto, spinach and ricotta. I tried to keep this light, with only two layers of pasta, as it was the first of four courses.

Spreading the spinach, pesto and onion mixture.

Spreading the ricotta mixture.

Finished (and half-devoured).

Fish course:
Smoked salmon and king prawns in a creamy tomato sauce. Again, just two layers of lasagne sheets.

Ready for the oven...

...And just out of the oven.

Main course:
Mostly a standard meat lasagne, but I made the meat sauce using bacon lardons, smoked sausage and gammon rather than the standard minced meat. And I added a healthy sprinkle of black pepper, too.

Meat!

Being enjoyed by my brother.

Dessert:
This was somewhat (and when I say 'somewhat', I mean 'totally') experimental. Layers of marble cake mixed with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and shortbread, topped with a layer of ice-cream.

2-3 layers in.

Getting there - also incorporating honeycomb chunks.

Completed with ice-cream layer.


The sugar from the dessert lasagne gave us the energy to rock!


More posts soon, I promise.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:15 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

I'm glad you all had a great time!

 
At 8:03 pm, Blogger Shawna said...

Looks like a fun night, and the dessert lasagna looks *amazing*!

 
At 3:58 pm, Blogger Acci said...

Was there tasty fermented lasagna juice for everybody to drink? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home