Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nettie Levels Up.

Since I'm dying* from the plague**, this is going to be a quick post. Self, I thought, if we (because there's two of me - one to do the asking and one to reply. Obviously.) die now, all croaky and drippy and miserable, what will we regret never doing? Posting pictures of Nettie's birthday, I thought.
So there we are.
(There had to be an easier way to start this post, right? I blame the codeine.)

*Not actual death.
**Not the actual plague.

Ok, I'll stop my fevered rambling and get on with it.

On Nettie's birthday, we went to see Adam Hills at the festival. After I mistakenly directed us to the wrong venue, we made it to the correct place in plenty of time for the show.

We queued patiently.

Well, maybe some of us were a little more impatient.

It was a beautiful day.


Hello, San Dimas High! Mr. Ryan, fellow distinguished classmates, teachers... babes!

The show was awesome, and featured some heckling from Nettie, and Chris amusing Adam Hills by calling himself a 'coffee monkey'. Afterwards, we went for dinner at Frankenstein's - a theme pub.

Nettie's pie thing came in a wee cauldron! I was perhaps a little over-impressed by this.

Foooood.

It had got a bit chilly by the time we were waiting for the bus home.

I love the green lights, and the wobbly reflection of spires in the museum window.


I'd made a chocolate birthday cake, so when we got in, Rowenna and I decorated it, adding icing and message candles and chocolate curls and coloured flame candles. And the guys set it alight.

Singing Happy Birthday. Yeah, we know one of the number candles is the wrong way round.

You can see the coloured flames in this one.

Finally, view the following photos and answer me this: why is Nettie allowed to handle large knives? Eh?


Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 3:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot WAIT until we are able to afford to come over!!! (The colored candles were AWESOME, by the way!)

*hugs*

 
At 4:18 pm, Blogger Shawna said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I LOVE the little cauldron--Dave would have asked how much it was and if he could buy one or two! lol Also, the colored flame candles are really neat--I've never seen anything like those.

 
At 4:20 pm, Blogger Acci said...

Heh. . .it looks as though the candles are saying that Nettie just turned 18. Were you trying to find the average between her physical age and the age of her inner child? ;-)

 
At 11:20 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

LMAO I hadn't seen those pics of me with the knife yet! Bugger, I wish I'd gotten a copy of all your photos while I was there!
Thanks so much for the post hun, it brought back such nice memories and makes me miss you guys so very much. I hope you feel better real soon *hugs*

 
At 11:21 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

And I've just noticed that last photo...what the feck did I do to my hair to make it look two feet tall and an exact replica of Dracula's do???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home