Thursday, September 23, 2010

Excuses, excuses.

Gosh, sorry. It's been three weeks since I last posted. It's all due to a combination of things - a family bereavement, injury, illness, hamster escape, work stress, a patch of poor mental health, and just being so achingly tired over the last few weeks that most nights I get home from work, make dinner, and crawl into bed.

I think it's also to do with the fact that I don't want to finish posting the pictures. Because, well, that means that it's all over and done with, and that sucks.
But hey, that's how the cookie biscuit crumbles, right?

So, here we go.
Nettie, Christian, Matt and I made it up Arthur's Seat on the morning of the 3rd.


Old-fashioned graffiti is so much more impressive than today's paint scrawl.

View!

Matt being gusted by the wind.

Proof that Nettie made it to the concrete 'cairn' at the very top.

We couldn't quite work out if the lack of Diego was mournful or triumphant. I like to think that, the morning the group were going to climb Arthur's Seat, Diego rolled over in his hotel bed, and told them to fuck off, because he was going to have a lie-in instead.

Matt had told us that a teacher had once told him it was easier to walk on slopes if you zig-zagged. So he and Christian zig-zagged all the way back down...

Later on, we went into town. Nettie tried on some hats.

We headed home when it was getting late, and all dusky.

This is an ad for a comedy show, and I just love the slogan.

The next day, we went up to the Camera Obscura, which is always a lot of fun. Whilst Rowenna was getting the baby carrier sorted out, I distracted Zeph with a mirror illusion that was by the ticket desk.

We walked all the way to the top of the building to watch the Camera Obscura show, and to take in the views.

A crazy mirror.

The 'Tunnel of Eternity'. Or something like that. Mirrors, lights, that sort of thing.


Ok! Next up: Nettie's birthday!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:37 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

:( I miss you guys so much. I really must get around to doing some actual blog posts about the trip as well. Facebook is making me lazy I think - it's always so much easier to just upload a whole album and have people draw their own conclusions lol.
But I promise I'll get around to it one day!

 
At 12:40 am, Blogger Smerk said...

I love Christian's expression in the second hat photo...

Did you guys add your own graffiti to Arthur's Seat again?

Oh, and I also love my verification word - pregrowl!

 
At 2:12 am, Blogger Acci said...

That's one advantage you all have with your mountain there: no trees, so you get a nice view. Many mountains here are a lot taller, but they're so covered in trees that you usually can't see anything from on them. . .other than the trees ten meters in front of you.

 
At 1:50 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

I've just realised that you didn't manage to capture the guy dressed as a barrel that we saw while up the top of Camera Obscura. He must have seen the camera and hidden!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home