Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bacterial Culture

Our method of celebrating Valentine's Day was met with more than a few raised eyebrows when we were asked about it.
I e-mailed Matt a little picture of a zombie.

Matt responded by sending me a copy of a scientific study theorising the hypothetical real-world spread of zombieism.
I made him dinner. He surprised me with three zombie DVDs.

Of course, this was to do with the fact that Monday was also Zombie Appreciation Day.
And, as you all know, we don't take our Zombie Appreciation lightheartedly!

Bear in mind that Matt has a proper businessman-esque job in a huge (poss. evil) important corporation, yeah?

On Monday, in response to some talk about Valentine's Day during the big weekly teleconference thing, he said (to 40 or so colleagues based all over the UK) "And, if you aren't into that, today is also Zombie Appreciation Day!" Apparently he got a couple of "Oh, your poor partner" style comments, but then he said "But if she hadn't told me, I wouldn't even have known about it!"

I could not stop laughing when he told me about it. I suspect he will henceforth be treated with a certain amount of suspicion from some parties.

I was going to write today about culture. Our plan for yesterday was to go out to the Fruitmarket Gallery to see an exhibition of Jean-Marc Bustamante's work. We were going to follow that up with a visit to the National Gallery to see The Young Vermeer exhibition. Then, five minutes before we were due to leave, I realised that the freezer had managed to get unplugged (due to me tripping over the cord on Friday evening) and half our food had defrosted. So, instead of a day of art, I had a day of chucking food in the bin and cooking whatever I could save. Oh well, we've rescheduled for next week.

(I also had the delight of finding a mouldy half-bag of raw lamb mince in our kitchen bits 'n' bobs drawer. The only explanation is that, when I had used half of it, I went into the drawer to find a plastic clip to seal the bag shut, then just absent-mindedly dropped the bag into the drawer, instead of putting it in the freezer. Yay.)

Other than all that fun, we pretty much just spent the weekend playing computer games and napping. I just woke up from my second nap of the day, which means Sunday counts as a big WIN on that front!

Ok, I'm going to draw this rambly, non-cohesive blog post to an end, I think. Maybe next week I'll have something a little more... cogent to say. Have a picture of a very odd tattoo, and I'll talk to you later.
I . . . Hate it When That Happens?
see more Ugliest Tattoos

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:32 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

You know, I've always had trouble picturing Matt in a suit but it's much easier picturing him in a suit, discussing zombies than in a suit discussing secret corporate business lol.

I'm sorry your day of culture was postponed, I'm sure you'll get to it eventually.
Can I assume that among the freezer victims were a squid and octopus? If so, you're lucky they didn't defrost, wake up and start a battle to the ultimate death! lol

 
At 7:32 am, Blogger xiiao riin said...

NICE..^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home