Monday, September 19, 2005

Random Thoughts Day!

WARNING: I said random, not interesting. Read on at your own risk.

1) For some reason, me and Matt were discussing those Barbies (or Barbie type dolls) that looked pregnant, and then you could just take the front of her stomach off, and there was a baby that you could just pull out. Matt thought that people would disapprove because it would seem pro-Ceasarean, but I thought it was disturbingly educational, toy-wise. I’m all in favour of physically accurate toys for kids - I had a pair of baby dolls named (imaginatively enough) George and Georgina, and they were accurate, but this just seems like a step too far.

2) I have realised that it is impossible for you to hum or whistle a song you know the lyrics to without having a tiny part of your brain filling in the words. At least, I can’t.
I found this out when I was trying to get to sleep the other night. Matt was snoozing away, and the rhythm of his breathing started my internal jukebox, and switched it to ‘We Are Sailing’. But then I found the lyrics were getting in the way of me falling asleep, so I tried to hum it mentally instead, but it didn’t work. Weird, huh? (Ok, it might just be me that’s weird. I’m keeping my options open.)

3) Not only is today Random Thought Day and Talk Like A Pirate Day, it's also exactly six years since Matt and I got together AND I have the day off work. Well done me!

4) In BDP news, there were 60-odd empty palettes stacked against the wall next to the Bridge. It seems like they’ve been having more concrete block deliveries. There is still no sign of the blocks themselves. Maybe they’ve opened a rift in space and are keeping them somewhere a billion miles away, where only the Pigeons can access them.

Actually, that would explain the other bit of weirdness featuring the Bridge. One of the Pigeons went mental and attacked the wall. For a good five minutes. Perhaps it was desperately trying to find the rift.
Oh! Even more devious idea – what if it were a young Seagull in disguise?


Oooooooooooh. And Yaaarrr, Jimlad.

5 Comments:

At 7:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, I used to play with rocks. They were very accurate as far as rock anatomy was concerned. All the various body parts of igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rocks were there in plain sight. I only now realize just how scandalous that was. I don't remember if any of them were pregnant, though.

As for Matt's breathing keeping you awake with lyrics in your head, I see two options. Option A: get Matt to stop breathing. As both you and he might have objections to that option (you two might actually be planning on celebrating your seventh anniversary together, too), I would suggest following option B: get him to breathe instrumental works only. I would recommend Bach, personally, or maybe Schubert.

Concerning the bricks: I have another theory. I believe that the pigeons may be using the bricks to create reinforcements for the upcoming big offensive against the seagulls. You've heard of rock doves, haven't you? Well, perhaps the pigeons are painstakingly using their beaks to carve more pigeons from the bricks, a la Pygmalion. They may be getting technical advice from Maximilian (see http://www.geocities.com/deadpigeonsrus/pigeons3.html), even. Through the power of the Great Spirit Hieronymus, the pigeon statues are brought to life and so swell the pigeony ranks. The one you saw attacking the wall may have been practicing its carving techniques.

 
At 4:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the Pigeons went mental and attacked the wall. For a good five minutes.

He was practising. Flying himself into buildings....

 
At 7:35 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God.
One of you or both of you or neither of you are right!

 
At 7:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A la Pygeonmalion maybe!

 
At 10:41 pm, Blogger RACL said...

Schubert? Ha, my dad snores Schoenberg!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home