Saturday, March 31, 2012

In my head. In my head. Zombie. Zombie. Zombieeeeee.

Spring is sprung, der grass is riz,
I wonder where dem zombies is.

Answer: all over the damn place.

You guys know how much I love zombies. They, by far, freak me out the most of all the monsters.

Werewolves? I am entirely comfortable with the knowledge that humans are just animals.

Vampires? I'm not scared of sexuality or ageing, and you know that's what they're all about - insertion of body parts into other people? Exchange of fluids? Eternal youth? Yeah.

Zombies... it's the mindless mob, the unstopping, unthinking wave of what were once individuals. They're self-sustaining, and they will make you like them.
Now, that's scary.

As Max Brooks put it: "Other monsters may threaten individual humans, but the living dead threaten the entire human race.... Zombies are slate wipers."

Anyway, I think I might have sliiiightly overdosed on zombies in the last week or two.

Zombie bag - used daily.
Zombie novels - 'Feed' and 'Deadline' by Mira Grant, and 'Allison Hewitt is Trapped' by Madeleine Roux.
Zombie films - Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland, Dead Snow.
Zombie TV show - The Walking Dead and Dead Set.
Zombie video games - Dead Island and House of the Dead 2 and 3.

So whilst I'm not thinking there are zombies literally everywhere, I have got myself into the mindset that they're... well... real.

It is, perhaps, the time to take a step back from zombie fiction and read (and watch, and play) something else for a bit. Crime novels, maybe. Disney films. The IT Crowd. LittleBig Planet.

Something to take me out of this mindset.

Having said that, when the zombie apocalypse comes, I am FUCKING READY.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:03 pm, Anonymous Oppiejoe said...

You would be ready if you do the Run For Your Lives (zombie infested obstacle course)5K with me in June *giggle* (They haven't organized one in the UK yet, but you are welcome to come here and enjoy the ones here) :) They even advertised during the finale of the Walking Dead.

By the way... I am going to be a zombie in the first 3.5 hours of this run... so even your friends are your enemy.

Gahhraraaharaaharaa!!!!
*smootch*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home