Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hakuna Matata

I finished By The Pricking Of My Thumbs by Agatha Christie last night, and moved on this morning to Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. I wasn't deliberately finishing the quote, it was just a cool coincidence.

Something Wicked..., by the way, is creepily scary. It has carnival freaks and people that can change you, and horrible repercussions for wishes. And it totally unnerved me - I was finishing it this evening by the light of the lampposts as I was walking home. Don't read creepy books in the dark. Word to the wise.

What else?
My birthday was on Sunday. It was a good birthday. I now have a brand new (well, old) N64 and all my favourite games. And I got to talk to Nettie, Matt made me a cheeseboard, and I had birthday truffles.


The weather's got deliciously chilly. I am making good use of my big warm coat with the fur lining and giant hood. Mmm, snuggly.

We've made a start on the new El Toro Fuerte ABC, too. It was an awfully fun thing to do on a Saturday night, even if all the cool people were out clubbing and whatnot. Don't hold your breath for it, though - we're only about a fifth of the way through, and it's got to be in order!

I also got my blood tests back from the doctor, and it appears (in their words) that I'm normal. So put that in your pipe(s) and smoke it, all you doubters!

So, as it is a nice chilly night, I'm off to make potato and leek soup.
Now, be good while I'm gone, or else.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:31 pm, Blogger Shawna said...

Ooh, I may have to read Something Wicked! If I ever get to read for fun again, that is...lol Also, sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. :-)And I'm looking forward to El Toro Fuerte's ABC!

Now to be good, and wander off to finish my Brit Lit essay...

 
At 11:26 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Yay for posts!

Hmmm, I've not read Miss Agatha before, perhaps I'll have to give her a go :)

 
At 11:06 am, Anonymous Kate said...

Do you still have the Scottish Widows coat??

 
At 4:50 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

I do, Kate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home