Saturday, November 19, 2011

Shazam

Oh, the pretty clouds. Taken at the bus stop that we walk to in the mornings. It's not long until the dawn will be after we set off for work, though.

This is a display in one of the posh shops in George Street. I understand it's supposed to be the Nutcracker, but it's fucking terrifying. Especially at quarter to eight in the morning when we go past it on the bus. Note the man's shoe in its mouth. *shudders*

Misty castle.

We went down to Portobello today. We went to the butcher (pork and leek sausages and two types of haggis) and the fishmonger (coley and haddock) and we dropped into this deli to see what they had. We bought goat cheese, and venison pate. Om nom nom. I always laugh at their sign.

Matt took me to a greasy spoon for lunch. I was charmed by their version of an omelette. It was folded over, but all the cheese and onion and bacon were on the top. It was, however, pretty damn tasty.

Mislabelling.

I think I might have reverted back a few years, clothing-wise. I was wearing my short pirate trousers with clumpy boots and stripy socks, and my new Sunnydale High School t-shirt.

Later, taters!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:44 am, Blogger Nettie said...

And yet no pictures of the pretties I sent you :( *sniff* ;-)

I always love your photos of Edinburgh when it's misty. I always think I'd love to be there right at this moment but if I was I'd be going 'Fuck, it's FUCKING FREEZING!'

 
At 4:22 am, Blogger Shawna said...

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K! And the clouds are really pretty--they remind me a bit of that part in "Sleeping Beauty" where the fairy godmothers are fighting over the color of Aurora's dress and/or cake (can't remember for sure) and the pink and blue magic dust is poofing up out of the chimney.

Also, I didn't notice a man's shoe in the nutcracker's mouth, but it looks like there are a lot of little people in there. Either way, it's kind of freaky looking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home