Sunday, February 19, 2012

Procrastination

I got up this morning, ready to go tippety tap and write a post.
Unfortunately, I then started watching Agents of Cracked videos (featuring my imaginary boyfriend Dan O'Brien) and, well, that was some time ago.

And I updated my friend's website for her books. And read articles on wikipedia about white blood cells and H. G. Wells and Stevengraphs. And I re-read half an Agatha Christie novel (Third Girl).

If there were an award for procrastination, I'd totally win. I'll be there to receive it in a moment. Just let me finish this one thing...

And writing this blog is something I enjoy doing! Just imagine how bad I am when it comes to boring stuff. Boring to me, I mean. This may well be boring to you. If so, what are you doing reading it? Go outside! Get some fresh air! Ride a donkey!

*ahem*
Anyway, today is 'get rid of all the useless non-fitting clothes that are cluttering up the house and giving me anxiety headaches' day. Or GROATUN-FCTACUTHAGMAH day for short. Hmm. Doesn't 'groatun' sound like a really unpleasant scrotum? But I digress.

I did a purge of clothing recently. And having given it a month or two, I am doing a secondary (and more vicious) purge. Have I worn it in the intervening period? If yes, fine. If no, why not? And if there is no satisfactory reason then out it goes.

I also spent some time on Friday trying on all my pairs of leggings and jeans, and getting rid of ones that were too big, or too small, or had holes in (unless they were meant to). And I managed this without going into a huge depressive body-image spiral when some of them were too small. Go me! I now have about a fifth of what I had, but I know they all fit, which is nice. When Matt wakes up (he looks pretty damn adorable and snuggly in bed, damn him!) I'm going to be going through all my drawers and getting rid of stuff I don't need or want or wear. It's pretty satisfying, actually.

And I may, last night, have looked at the state of our bedroom and called items of clothing "bitches". I am not willing to confirm or deny this.

Ok, I'm desperately trying to find a way to draw this all to a close. Maybe link the ramblings together in some coherent way.
*taps fingers*

Oh, I know! Let's just pretend it's the end of a Thundercats cartoon. Lion-O will say something moral and vaguely condescending, and then we'll all laugh at Snarf whilst only moving our heads.
Yeah, that works. Totally.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:38 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Yay for cleaning out!

I'm off for a bbq with my family after having an argument with the very pointy end of a knife.

 
At 10:14 am, Blogger Shawna said...

I keep thinking I need to do a clothing purge. I'll probably get around to it eventually...lol

 
At 10:25 am, Blogger Smerk said...

I'm always doing clothing purges. And procrastination is easy...which is why it's taken over three months for me to take down the brackets in my window.

 
At 3:23 am, Anonymous Oppiejoe said...

Hi :)
We all procrastinate...
Like me getting around to reading Blogs and posting to them :(

 
At 7:25 am, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Yay Joe!
I am so pleased to see you!
*hugs*

 
At 3:41 am, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home