Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Royal Museum, part 2

Ok, so other than the birds and the animals, I was also pootling about taking photos of general architecture.




One of my favourite galleries is the Ivy Wu Gallery. They have a desplay of tiny netsuke which I love. Sadly, this gallery is not going to be put back after the renovation.
Anyway, I took this last opportunity to take photos of a few of my favourite pieces.
Unsurprisingly, all the ones I like best feature rats.




And a couple of other things in the gallery...

Man, I love this throne. Books and a flask of tea in the side sections, a few cushions scattered on it, and it'd be fabulous, and very comfortable.


We also went round the fossils gallery. You know, I was thinking about those people who say "Oh, if you don't believe in ghosts/psychics/astrology, how dull your life must be!" And to them, I make a rude gesture.
This ammonite is over 65 million years old. 65 million! I spent about five minutes pointing to myself, then pointing to the ammonite.
"27 - 65 MILLION! 27 - 65 MILLION!"

Rather cool stalagmite.

Ropy lava and lava roses. That look somewhat like poo.

Pyromorphite.

And a couple of the features in the main hall.


Although the National Museum section will be open during the refit, I'll miss the Royal Museum. I hope the next few years go quickly.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:13 am, Blogger Shawna said...

Wow, that is an amazing place! Just completely beautiful! Great pics, Boo! : )

 
At 9:01 pm, Blogger NEO said...

Neat, lava poo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home