Saturday, April 19, 2008

Come on, Eileen!

Well, we've come to an impasse with Hastings's health.

The vets have swapped her antibiotics, but it's not shrinking the abcess at all, although it does seem to be preventing it from growing. We can't put her through surgery again - it would kill her. The infection's getting into the bone, and there's nothing we can do about it.

We saw the vets last week, and again today. Nothing has changed over the course of the week. She's still in peak health other than her lump, and is fat and investigative and happy.
However, sooner or later, the abcess will start to impact on her health and quality of life, and we're going to have to make that devastating decision.
*sigh*

The little girls are doing well. Tig's getting bigger, and braver, as time passes. Although, when Matt was cleaning them out last night, every clang made her panic and stick her (very sharp) claws into my shoulder blades and collar bone. One step at a time, I guess.
Spock's... well, not getting any bigger. She's not scarily small and thin, or anything, but we don't think she's ever going to be a large rat. She's definitely braver than Tig is, though.

Workwise, I'm waiting for the agency to find me something. I'm trying to enjoy my time off as much as I can, since I don't really have any choice about it. Matt's been for two interviews about this Project Co-ordinator job, so we're keeping our fingers crossed on that one.

Other than work and pets, I have been spending a lot of time reading the wiki synopses for all the Twilight Zone and Outer Limits episodes. Keeps me entertained.

We spent today in town with some friends of ours, who'd flown up from England for the weekend. Lots of wandering about ensued - it's not great when there are five people, none of whom can make a decision as to what to do.

They all refused to spit on the Heart of Midlothian for luck. I suppose that's reasonable - it was originally done to show contempt for the English - but still...

Anyway, now I've boringly updated you all, I am off to make roast beef and Yorkshire puddings for dinner, whilst constantly pressing the TV on Demand button on my remote, in the hope that Doctor Who will be on there sometime soon.
Toodles!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 8:00 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

I don't think Cicero is ever going to be a huge rat either.

 
At 9:08 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Reading Wiki to kill time...been there done that...

 
At 4:46 am, Blogger Shawna said...

Hi Boo,
Bummer about Hastings. I know I've said that before, but I mean it. I hate when pets are ill, and there's nothing to be done.
Hope the temp agency finds work for you soon, and I've got my fingers crossed for Matt, too!
*hugs*

 
At 11:17 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Thanks for the catch-up sweetie.
*hugs*
Hope everything works out in regards to jobs and Hastings.

 
At 3:02 am, Blogger Tah said...

When you get done reading the TZ and OL stuff if you want to read more wiki stuff and more TV stuff head over to TV Tropes. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

It will get linked every once in a while in a webcomic I read. It's always good for getting lost in multiple (and then some) links within links. Lots of good, interesting stuff.

 
At 9:32 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

I've been on tvtropes for the last two weeks or so (not constantly), and I actually have it open in another window as I type this.
;-)

 
At 11:18 pm, Blogger NEO said...

Sorry about Hastings, there is always still hope. Or just enjoy the time that remains.
I hope he gets the job, sounds like a good one. When he gets it will you get to set back in luxury and eat bon bons all day while being pampered by your staff?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home