Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Things About Me.

  • I injure myself constantly. Over the last two days I have:
    1) Stabbed myself in the thigh with my own thumbnail whilst rubbing my leg, drawing blood.
    2) Cut open my left upper arm on the back of my computer chair, and
    3) Smashed my knee into the side of the dressing table (which was where it always is), resulting in pain and slightly odd creaking (in my knee, not the dressing table).

  • I read a lot. A lot. Sometime I’ll make a list of some of my favourite books.

  • I love my dressing table. I know it’s sad. I know it’s just an item of furniture, but I love, love, love that dressing table. It’s all art deco-ey, with a huge mirror and deep drawers (not mine, smartarse) and I love it. And it was only £30.

  • I like pirates more than cowboys, although that may change with my recent present of SPURS and a TEXAS RANGER BADGE! Thank you, Chary and Noni.

  • I am currently on my fourth cup of tea of the working day, and I’ve only been here an hour and a half.

  • I would love to go to the US and Canada, however I have only been to four countries abroad – France, Spain, Portugal and Denmark.

  • I can play most instruments by ear, but I am awful at reading sheet music. Just give me five minutes with an instrument and I’ll give you a tune.

  • I talk, out loud, to wildlife. Examples: “Hello, big fat squirrel!”, “Hello, funny grey pigeon!” And no, I don’t know why I’m so descriptive when greeting them.

  • Similarly, when I’m jokingly trying to change the subject, I always say ‘Ooh look, a chaffinch!’, or words to that effect. There is no reason for this, bar the fact that ‘chaffinch’ is an inherently funny word.

  • I like ‘CSI’. I like’ World’s Wildest Police Videos’ with Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret). I like ‘Never Mind the Buzzcocks’. I like ‘2D TV’. I like ‘Law and Order’. Most of all, at the moment, I like ‘Mock the Week’. It kicks bollock, and in some ways it reminds me of ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’, only with current affairs.

  • I love words.

  • (WARNING: Pretentious art twaddle ahead) Although my style of drawing had been all about the lines, and the exclusion of spaces, it has now become a picking-out of spaces amongst line. Curious, no?

  • I would like kids at some point, but not right now, thanks.

  • I do not have a favourite colour, except to wear (black, obviously). Do. Not. Make. Me. Choose.

  • No, I am not a goth.

  • I am agnostic.

  • My stuffed potatoes are one of the nicest things ever.

12 Comments:

At 1:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you stuff your potatoes with? I'm picky.

 
At 2:07 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Cheese, chillis, spring onion, mushroom, sometimes bacon...

 
At 7:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, why did you leave out the discussion of Sex with a LaMa?

 
At 7:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And did you fix Skype already? Wanna talk to you again one of these days...

 
At 7:14 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

LaMa, in order:

1) Because I have to keep some salacious details back.

2) No, because I haven't been paid yet.

 
At 8:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me see if I have this straight. If LaMa pays you, then you'll fix Skype and talk about sex with him again? Got it.

 
At 8:33 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

If my work gets around to paying me, I'll get Skype and a microphone etc, and talk to LaMa again.

Hey, I haven't had the chance to talk to you, yet...

 
At 3:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flibbertigibbet is also a good word for covering subject changes!

 
At 8:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo
Black is also my fav colour,
I'm also not a goth.

 
At 1:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red or blue depending on who's wearing it.

Goth chicks are cute.

he he he he

 
At 7:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue, black, red, khaki.

Clothing is usually black in winter, khaki in summer, and blue in all seasons.

 
At 8:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember reading somewhere that Scotland has had the third least amount of pirates in all of the Western World (Switzerland and Osterreich having had less. I wonder what's been going on in Luxembourg, though?). So Boo, you've got a lot of slack to make up for.

And I'm sure you're even nicer than your stuffed potatoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home